I run what is often called a concierge or boutique practice. Here’s what that means:
- I tailor my services to each client.
- I keep my practice small so each client receives the time and care they deserve.
- Available by phone, email, on-line or text.
- Sessions can be any length needed.
- No waiting. Appointments start and stop on time.
- I better ensure your privacy by not being on any insurance panels and having my office at home with no other staff or therapists or clients.
Why a Concierge Service?
The type of help I provide has nothing to do with a medical model of “patients with diagnoses.” By not participating with insurance panels, not only is your confidentiality protected, but your care is not dictated by someone who doesn’t know you and is, in my opinion, mainly interested in making a profit. There’s also no hassle of insurance paperwork and fighting for your benefits for either of us.
I can make a fair wage for my services which means seeing fewer clients compared to many therapists who rely on insurance fees for a living. Insurance companies are paying practitioners less than they did when I started in this field over 20 years ago. Insurance companies typically pay $35- $60 per session and that doesn’t include all the administrative time it takes to file paperwork and be paid. Given that, someone in private practice has to see more clients to make the same amount of money they did 20 years ago.
I have the same amount and often more training than an attorney. I think the difference in fees between the two professions comes down to the stigma our culture places on asking for this kind of help and therapists undervaluing their work. I believe what I offer is often invaluable.
So, a concierge type service allows me to better serve you with increased privacy, less paperwork, a more comfortable setting and a personalized approach to help meet your needs.
Contat me at 770-671-1814 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org